Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Weekend Preview

Hello all,

I returned Tuesday afternoon from my Easter Break, and though I don't have time now, I want to let you know that a full post is forthcoming. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend trip to Canterbury, for some rock climbing and a two day music festival in Whitecliffs.

Last Friday the nine members of our group drove to Te Anau and hiked in about two hours on the Kepler Track. We camped at Brod Bay, and though it rained all night, we were greeted by a beautiful sunrise.



After this, Carolyn, my dear Midd friend who is in the middle of her Watson Fellowship, and I left to head to Milford Sound. We camped there for the night, before setting out for a kayaking adventure for the remainder of the day.

Here's a quick shot of how it looked through my sunglasses:



We headed quickly back to Te Anau to meet the rest of our group and head to Queenstown. In Q'town, half the crew bungy jumped and we all went on a jetboat excursion on the Shotover River. That afternoon Rich, Cully, Carolyn and I relaxed in the Queenstown City Gardens, and enjoyed the sun and sweet smell of roses and freshly cut grass.



We headed back to Dunedin after that and I've had a short but busy week.

Back Monday with more photos and stories.

Sam

No comments: